Wednesday, January 13, 2010

She wore an Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Recycled Tee-Shirt Bikini..



So.. mid January is the time, every winter, when I start dreaming of spring.. and (gasp!) summer sunshine.

Once the holiday madness is over and everyone is breathing their last sigh of relief for having survived it another year, we wake up and think.. "Are there SERIOUSLY 3 or 4 more months of winter time to go?!!?" Ug.

Short of moving to Guadeloupe, there isn't much we can do about the cold, but bundle up, and dream of summertime..

I've been dreaming, and sketching.. and dreaming.. I have come up with an awesome mini collection of teeny bikinis for Summer 2010.

I'm recycling old tee-shirts and using the material to made string bikinis. I've come up with 4 main designs, but as always, every bikini is a bit different in the details.. colors, vintage buttons, lace. I'm designing delicate little hand sewn appliques to adorn them.

What could be better than a pretty little bikini that's eco friendly and as comfy to wear as your favorite worn-it tee shirt? I can't think of anything more awesome. Butterfly kisses maybe, but that's about it. ;)

Samples of the designs will be photographed February 2nd and the bikinis will be available in my online boutique in Mid-February. They will also be available in a few select boutiques. I'll keep you updated. ;)

A sneak peek at one of my bikini designs..

No comments:

Post a Comment