Thursday, February 25, 2010

Why a cotton bikini?


Lately, everyone has been asking me why I am focused solely of bikinis made of cotton, and what has inspired me to do so..

In the late 20’s through the late 50’s, most swimsuits were made of cotton. Cotton is a durable, breathable, natural, biodegradable, and a renewable resource. Most of the swimwear manufactured today is made of synthetic fibers, which may dry a little faster, but does much more harm to our planet. Cotton bikinis provide a simple, beautiful, back-to-basics solution to natural swimwear.


Reclaimed Cotton Bikinis are made with recycled cotton fabric. I take worn-in tee shirts made of cotton jersey and repurpose the fiber to create a string bikini form. Each bikini is handmade by the artist. Changes in color and design through the material used make each piece completely unique. This ensures the wearer that her swimwear is the only one of its kind. By using cotton, I am promoting the use of natural, earth-friendly materials. By using recycled material, I am helping to reduce the carbon footprints of a generation; turning one’s trash into another’s beautiful, wearable, eco-conscious art.

I love this planet. I believe in natural beauty. I think every girl should feel like an Earth goddess. That’s why. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment